The main drawback of iOS devices is their lack of file manager apps. You can’t just manage files inside your iOS device.
One of such apps that enable you to manage files in your iPhone, iPod, or iPad is iFile. iFile works on your device, even if it’s not jailbroken or do not have Cydia installed. This alone makes iFile a good choice as you don’t have to jailbreak your device. The good news is that the iFile app is also compatible with iOS 9, 9.0.2, and also 9.2 and iOS 10 newer versions.
These are the features of iFile:
- File manager
- File viewers
- Remote servers
- Web servers
- Send files via Bluetooth or mail
- Delete files
- Create new files or directories
- Zip files
- Much more
With these features, iFile is the best file management app for iPhone.
However, it’s a bit tricky to install iFile app on your iOS devices that are not jailbroken. But, I’ll show you how to download iFile on your device without jailbreak.
Download and install iFile on non-jailbroken devices
First off, I would like to mention that this app is compatible with iOS 7, iOS 8 and all the newer versions of iOS 9 and 10.
Here are the steps to download and install iFile on your device with no jailbreak.
- You need to have your iOS device on your hand. Now you need to launch any browser, say Safari on your device.
- Now you need to enter the URL – http://www.pgyer.com/ATAy
- Now you’ll be asked to install the iFile app on your device
- Click install app
- After you click the install button, head over to the home screen.
- Now after the download is complete, you can see the iFile icon on the home screen.
- Just open the app.
What if the iFile app doesn’t open? As your device is not jailbroken, chances are there that iFile app is not opened on your device, as it’s a third party app. For this, you need to do the following two steps.
- Revert your iOS device’s date to a year back under Settings > General >Date and Time. Say if today is 1st Jan 2016, change it to 2015.
- Go to Settings > General > Profiles and trust the developer of iFile.
Now when you click on the app, it should open iFile.
Overview of iFile
As I said earlier iFile is the best file manager app for iOS devices. Below are the screenshots of the app on my iPhone.
For modifying the root files that comes under the path “/”, you need to jailbreak your device. As your device is not jailbroken, you can view the root files, and also the files like the songs, PDFs, photos you created or transferred, can be viewed.
This is how you download and install iFile on an iOS device without Jailbreak. Hope you found this tutorial helpful.