iTransmission is one of the best Torrent downloading Cydia apps for iOS. Recently this awesome app has been made compatible with newer versions of iOS 9.
This app is similar to uTorrent and Transmission apps on Mac and PC.
This app enables you to download files via torrent, like what you do on PC. You can download documents, music, software, games, via torrenting technology, that enables peer-to-peer downloading.
The torrenting apps are not allowed in Apple Official AppStore. It was rejected by Apple. So these torrenting apps made a way into iOS via Cydia repos and unofficial sources.
If you are keen to install iTransmission on your iOS devices like iPhone or iPad, you are in the right place, as I’m going to tell you how to download iTransmission app on devices running on iOS 9.
Overview of iTransmission app
This app is very similar to that of the uTorrent app in terms of functionality.
However, the Transmission app for Mac has been awarded the best Torrenting app by LifeHacker.
iTransmission app comes with similar advanced functionality, for you to handle downloading torrent files quickly and efficiently.
As with any torrenting apps, this also has the ability to pause or resume the downloading files. It also has an insomnia mode which enables the app to keep running and downloading in the background so that download will be happened faster.
It enables you to set bandwidth for the downloading files. You can also schedule the downloads.
How to download iTransmission app?
In case of non-jailbroken devices also, you can download iTransmission app.
- You need to just head over to iemulator.com on your inbuilt Safari browser. Then, you need to head over to the store.
- There you will find the app iTransmission. Just install it.
- Wait for the download to complete. Then try to open the app. If it opens then fine.
- Or else, you need to trust the app, under settings>profile of your iOS device, and then try to open the app. It should open.
If you are running on Jailbroken device, the process is quite simple.
- Open your Cydia app.
- Then there search for “iTransmission“. There will be that app in ModMyi repository.
- There are also some apps like iTransmission 3 and 4.
- Download and install the iTransmission app.
- Wait for the download to complete.
- Now return to the Cydia app.
- Now you can find the installed iTransmission app on the home screen of your iOS device.
- Open the app, and enjoy downloading torrent files on your iPhone or iPad.
This is the simplest way to download iTransmission app for your iOS 9 devices.